Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Blogger tips - animated images

I had a bit of trouble getting my dancing Valentine to animate when uploaded to Blogger! Apparently, to make an animated GIF work in Blogger, it must be uploaded to an outside image host and hot-linked.   The problem seems to be the auto-resizing of images done by Blogger.  

In doing research to figure out why my guy wouldn't dance, I came across a blog full of tips for handling images in Blogger.   Because so many of you also have a blog on Blogger, I thought you might like to take a look at 'Image Test' , a blog created solely to test various images.   In addition to explaining animations in Blogger, it also contains info about positioning images, adding captions, etc.

According to 'Image Test', if the image is larger than the selected size (sm, med, lg), Blogger stores the large copy and creates a scaled image in the selected size. When that happens the scaled image will not animate.  My image was smaller, not larger, but it still wouldn't animate.    I didn't find my solution at 'Image Test'....but you may find yours!

Now....if I can just figure out how to get rid of the border around my animation. Coding 'border=0' into the HTML doesn't seem to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for taking the time to comment! ;-)
Sorry I had to re-instate the 'word verification'...I'm getting far too much spam in the comment box.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...